TVC Recognition Award
Each year since 1994, the TVC Recognition Award is presented to an individual or
couple who has made a significant contribution to the square dancing community.
We are pleased to announce the 2022 TVC Recognition Award goes to
Dale & Linda Brabham.
This years TVC Presidents Award goes to a couple that has been dancing for more
than 20 years. They have contributed to not only their Club, other Council Clubs,
and the TVC. They’ve also served as a Federation Officer.
- Club Vice President and President for 4 years
- TVC service for more than 10 years in a variety of positions
- State service to the Oregon Federation
- Visitations to fellow TVC Clubs and encouragement for their Club Members as well
- Coordination, recruitment, and excitement for Club lessons for more than 12 years
- Additional duties that contribute to the Clubs ability to give and work with locations by being a Grange member
- Creating and assisting with modernization to accommodate incoming students including
- The acceptance of credit cards for dance costs, lesson payments, and membership dues
- Organizing and running Zoom meetings during COVID to encourage the Club members to stay connected
- Various recruiting tactics including, the OFN of course, coordination with
the Grange for signage, listing in digital publications to nearby schools, and
paper flyers at community board locations that led to 15 new students this Fall, of which 12 have continued on this Winter
In light of the energy, joy, accountability, and innumerable hours of service
I would like to present this years Presidents Award to Dale and Linda Brabham of the Tri-Squares.